Sunday, May 15, 2011

who you callin' a HO

In my Grandma P's barn, there was a basketball hoop in the hay loft.  The hay was all pushed to the back of the barn so that the front part could be a court.  I was never good at basketball, at least not the physical contact part but I loved to shoot hoops.  Played HORSE and PIG was great, even when I lost which was most of the time.

Today, Ashes, Raven and I headed to Laurelhurst Park with the soccer ball.  Before we got to kick the ball around, we started shooting hoops with it.  Before long, it evolved into a game of HORSE and then PIG.  It was Raven's first time playing either and not surprisingly, Ashes won both games.  Still, it was an afternoon/evening that I will fondly remember and I love the picture above that I took.  As Ashes pointed out, look at Raven's shoes.  His feet are bigger than mine now.  He's growing so fast.  I hope that this is one of those days that he will look back on fondly as well.

No comments: