Wednesday, January 7, 2009

uh, how do you start this thing?


My mom wanted me to get a GPS device for Christmas but, since I was due to upgrade my phone, she decided to chip in for one as long as it had GPS (I think she thinks I get lost a lot). So I got a Blackberry Storm.

I thought it would rock my world but I couldn't figure out how to work it. I went through the menu and started yelling at it to send a text, which was one of the simplest features on my past phone. Later on in the evening, I let the phone sit for a bit and it locked. I tried to unlock it but it kept saying, "Locked." The instructions said to press the lock key but I searched around the damned thing for about a half an hour, pressing the pad in several different places and pushing all of the little side button keys. I gave it to my roommate, who was an IT guy and, to my credit, it took him 15 minutes as well. Finally, we found a little itty bitty button on the top of the little bugger.

Once I got it moving, it's pretty much as close to the 'future' as I've been. I mean, really, what's the difference between this and a tricorder...besides the fact that Kirk never got locked out of his.

No comments: