Wednesday, January 14, 2009

alma mater

Today, I stepped back in time and walked my past.

Given that I am going to go back to school someday soon (and I needed to get transcripts), I decided to get in the mood and revisit the University of Nebraska at Kearney.


This is Thomas Hall, HQ for the English and Journalism department so it's where I spent most of my time here, except for that one semester where I watched 'A Time to Kill' and switched my major to Political Science so I could be a paralegal and then I came to my senses and went back.
This is the periodicals section in the basement of the library. I spent many many many hours down here. I actually really enjoyed writing term papers. Damn, I am a dork.

Then I went off campus for a while and visited two of my previous employers, Hastings Book, Music and Video (which I didn't want to hang around in too long because I felt bad for the people still working there) and the Archway, pictured above. I liked working at both places, primarily just for the people that I worked with.

At both places, I worked with Jessica. Later on that evening, I went out for dinner and drinks (mmm...Peach Wheat) with her. I got to meet her new guy and found out that they're planning on moving to Portland. That's awesome! Now I'll have more of the best parts of Nebraska up here. Now I just need a few more friends to jump on that bandwagon...

No comments: