Saturday, January 24, 2009

let's get ready to ROOOOOLLL

It's been my goal for a while to go see the Rose City Rollers as one of my new things. After getting my college application done this week and my taxes done today, I felt the need to treat myself.

Despite what many may believe, roller derby is a sport. It's not just people bumping each other while skating in circles. However, I could not tell you the rules. I could try to explain them but I'd probably mess them up. By the end of the first bout, I think that I had a general idea of how it went but there are a whole lot of things I don't get as well.

It was fun though. The skaters each have clever names and I got to watch it with good friends. I would definitely go again but maybe I'll study a little more on how it's played so I can get a little more out of it.

No comments: