Friday, January 16, 2009

perfectly portland

I am so very very happy to be back home. Today, I literally hit the ground running as I jogged/power-walked/walked to work. I didn't care if it was only 32 degrees out. That's 36 degrees warmer than it was back in Nebraska.

I also felt like doing something tonight that was quintessentially Portland. Fortunately, I found out that the Bagdad Theatre was showing the beginning of the last episodes of Battlestar Galactica for free. Like when the Mission showed Buffy, I expected there to be a crowd but there were four blocks of people lined up waiting to get in. And when we jumped in, at least another block or two lined up behind up. My housemates and my friend's boyfriend and I all found seats around each other.

It was cool seeing it in a crowd for the additional crowd reactions but it was annoying seeing the large meat commercials. It's good to be back!

No comments: