Friday, February 13, 2015

perfectly aligned

Years ago, they used the song What's the Matter by Milo Greene the opening and closing of an episode of Supernatural. The show is hit or miss but when it hits, it hits it out of the park and this episode was particularly inventive for them. It was about three film school students who film themselves a lot and end up getting all complicated romantically. Since it's Supernatural, there was also a werewolf element thrown into the mix. One of the students survives the werewolf drama and edits together a film to explain what went down. Yes, it was a nod to Blair Witch and Paranormal but it was unique for a TV series to just throw in an episode in a different format almost completely about new characters. The show does unique very well and the episode ended up being beautiful. The Milo Greene song was the perfect choice for it. And I'm so glad it was because I looked into their self-titled album it was on after that and fell in love with it.

Weeks ago, I randomly looked up the band and saw that they were touring and going to be in Portland. Tonight, Jessica and I went to see them. They were so melodic. Like I said, I love their 1st album but I didn't really properly appreciate their sound until I saw them live. They were even more harmonious and talented in person. And the Doug Fir Lounge was a great place to see them. I'm definitely going to go to more shows there and I will be looking more into the band's latest album. And I will be continuing on with Supernatural even though it doesn't seem like the show will ever call it quits.

No comments: