Sunday, February 12, 2012

cohabitation

Tonight, Andrew brought up the idea of living with me. It wasn't a proposal to move in together. He was commenting on how he has lived alone for the last few years and has forgotten what it's like to co-habituate like we are doing this extended weekend. He stated that he liked it and I stated that I did too which surprised me because I figured I was more socially inept than that. He thought I was joking but I really wasn't. I've lived with roommates before but never anyone on a romantic level. I'm also an extreme introvert in that I need my time alone to recharge my batteries. However, being with Andrew this weekend hasn't been a big drain on me. I think it helps to have Dean around and also being on vacation and at the beach doesn't hurt. Still, for me, I consider this a positive experiment. I don't have high self-confidence so it's reassuring to know that I'm not as screwed up as I could perceive myself as being.

What else?
We explored Seaside today as well as Astoria again. We did breakfast at an adequate diner named Riley's and coffee at the Seaside Coffee House. I shopped for a dog toy at Beach Dog, we went to the free Shark Museum and the end of the Lewis and Clark trail and we ended up playing cards at a local watering hole called the Bridge Tender Tavern (pictured below). We struck out a few times for dinner so we ended up getting Thai at the Blue Ocean Thai. What a relaxing day.

No comments: