Sunday, August 3, 2008

where everybody knows your age

Tonight, some friends and I headed down to our local pub, the Pub at the End of the Universe and...it was closed. It's never closed. I was dumbfounded. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know why I wasn't notified. Was this a temporary thing or a permanent thing? What brought it on? Where do I go now?

Fortunately, this is Portland and there's always another bar around the corner. I was in the mood for cheap though so I ruled out the C Bar. That left us with Ship Ahoy, my new back-up bar. It was an adequate substitute. It was a full bar, the drinks were cheap, the jukebox was good and the staff was friendly. The only problem was that the music was too loud. Well, that and it wasn't the Pub at the End of the Universe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice! hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

Pub at the End of the Universe...haha. I love the Douglas Adams rip-off.