Saturday, August 16, 2008

doctor's orders

I finally followed Dean's vet's orders and took him to do what Deans do best (aside from eating, sleeping and farting). We went to the Sandy River because it's really the only river I trust around here. There were a lot of other people there, probably because it's the hottest day of the year, but we managed to find our own area.
That in itself wasn't new. What was new was the sign I saw above the interstate on the way out there. It said "Smog Alert. Limit Driving." When I think of smog, I think of LA or Mexico City. However, as I glanced around, I noticed that it was difficult to make out Mt Hood and other distant items. It's scary shit because Portland has a hella lotta trees and this is still an issue. We are so doomed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First time I saw that sign was in 97. Shortly after that they made smog days free on the bus. So that could be another option for farther trips.