Tuesday, August 12, 2008

the best laid plans

I get worked up easily when I have plans made and I can see them crumbling. Today, I had a zoo trip planned for the ATE clients at work like the one we did last year. It was going to be great. Then we ran into traffic and more traffic and finally we just stopped. I was on a time restriction anyway and I hadn't figured an hour and a half of traffic jam into the itinerary. Fortunately my clients were awesome and didn't complain once. I, on the other hand, was ready to plow the big van I was driving through the cars ahead of me. But I took a cue from them and kept my cool.

After sitting in traffic for that long, we find out the parking lot is full and we're redirected to the shuttle lot. Then we wait in traffic again. Somebody then drives by and yells that the shuttle lot is full. The second Tuesday of the month is two-dollar day and it's the last cheap day of the summer so that probably explains the crowd. At that point, I turned the van around and announced that we were going to have a picnic in the park. We went to the Crystal Rhododendron Garden and had an awesome time, even if it wasn't what we planned.

No comments: