Wednesday, August 27, 2008

memories of a pink whale


Today, I sold my Pink Lincoln Towncar to a salvage yard. They paid me $400 bucks for it which is a lot more than it was worth as an operational vehicle although it has served me well over the past few years.

I remember Eric from Queer Revolution busting the trunk on it so it no longer eased down. I had to start pulling up the latch on it. It was later used as the sound system in the QR protest against Fred Phelps.

I remember driving it up to Seattle, both for an Infernal Noise Brigade concert and for a rally/march.

I remember packing it with people (our household plus Brenna and Max) for MB and Jemma’s wedding.

I remember it dying on the corner of MLK and Burnside and having to wait for a friend to pick me up in knee-high boots, wings and devil horns.

I remember it failing on Ashes and I as we were taking it to the Schucks Auto Supply on the same corner and the day laborers ran out to help push it into the parking lot.

I remember fake-kidnapping some friends for a party and attempting to throw them into the trunk. You can fit a lot of bodies into that truck. However, I had bottles for recycling in it that day.

I remember using it to push Ashes’ car across the Ross Island Bridge.

I remember moving large amount’s of Blank’s mom’s belongings with it several times to several different places.

I remember picking up Red-Red for the first time in the car and I was blasting 24-K’s “Don’t Go There” like a good pimp car should.

And it was a good car. It held up, despite my lack of care with it and needed very little maintenance over the years. With gas prices being what they are, it’s an impractical vehicle to use often but it has been good for hauling belongings, clothing, food and bodies. I will miss it’s quirks but it’s served it’s time. Rest in Pieces, Pink Lincoln.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the fake kidnapping was really fucking awesome. thanks for the memories! and oh, that cat pic you have up today is freaking me out!!!!