Saturday, July 26, 2008

tubing or not tubing

That was the question before we began our day yesterday. It's my friend Jenn's birthday tomorrow so eight of us went tubing down the Sandy River from Ox Box Park to Danby Park. We weren't sure we were going to tube at all because it wasn't as warm as we'd have liked it but it ended up being fine. Then we weren't sure where to tube and fortunately, we decided on the river stretch with the Level 1 rapids instead of the Level 3. I don't think my ass could take the Level 3 in a tube.

I was hesitant about the idea of spending hours just floating but it was so serene and gorgeous. The water was chilly (I shrieked for the first two minutes) but our bodies adjusted quickly. There were a few shallow spots but that just broke up the monotony of the float. The rapid were a lot of fun as well. I think the best part of it was the scenery though. Damn, Oregon is beautiful. Plus, shortly after we set off, a deer spotted us and walked along the river shore with us for a while.

No comments: