Saturday, July 26, 2008

ET overload

My brother's first two initial are E.T. I don't believe my parents did this intentionally as he was born a year before the movie was released but my mother did end up going with it. In my room, we had ET bedding, ET sleeping bags, ET toys, etc. Heck, there were two large ET letters hanging up on our bedroom wall. It was overkill and it really turned me off the movie. ET was also the first movie I can remember seeing in a drive in.

Tonight, they showed ET in the park near my house. I've went to one of these showings last year (Raiders of the Lost Ark at the Laurelhurst Park) but I liked this one better because it was in my neighborhood. Plus, in carrying along with family tradition, I subjected my boy (the dog) to E.T. He wasn't impressed either.

No comments: