Saturday, November 21, 2015

techno-boost

Every time I've updated my computer, I've gotten rid of the previous one, typically because it stopped working. This time tho, I just decided to treat myself. During our work party last weekend, we got our holiday bonus. I've been good about saving money and I haven't been a person who's had money burn a hole in his pocket for quite some time but I've been due to update my laptop. It's over four years old and some time ago, I dropped my external drive from the book shelf, it landed on my keyboard, and popped out my "o" button so now when I type 'o", I get 'i", "p", "l", "9", or nothing. In addition, it's just gotten really slow. I like my kindle and I've just been using that instead but there's a lot a kindle can't do so now I got another Acer.

It's a good machine. I was looking for something with a solid state hard drive because that's all the rage and I really like it on the kindle. I also wanted something with a large enough hard drive to hold all my iTunes music and something with a proper HDMI port for the projector. The Acer was the only computer that fit all my requirements and still came within range of my bonus. I wasn't looking to spend this much money but I really like it and why not? What good is the money doing in the bank? I don't have outstanding debt so I may as well put my funds to use.

The really nice part about having the other laptop still is that I don't have to make the transition all at once. I still use my other laptop for certain functions and, as time goes on, I'll use it less and less but it's nice to have time to get used to my new precious. Today, I started really getting into it. I ordered it on Monday, picked it up on Thursday, and haven't had a lot of time with it until today. It's got a touch screen which I'm still getting used to. Anyway, I look forward to writing more because it's so much quicker and I don't have to constantly retype my "o"s.

No comments: