Friday, November 6, 2015

my first hump

I'll admit it: I was a bit nervous for this new thing. A few weeks ago, Andrew & I were out eating after drinks & there was a Portland Mercury on the table with a list of movies for Hump 2015. In case you don't know, HUMP is a film fest of the adult nature put on by Dan Savage. It began in just Seattle & Portland but has now gone national. I've never been. I've had friends that go though & I listen to Dan's podcast every week & read (or listened to [thanks, Audible]) his last book so I thought it was about time we go so I ordered us tickets.

I've never been to the venue Revolution Hall either in its current incarnation so I was looking forward to it all. The movies were fun & mostly funny & well-done for the most part. I had some hesitation about watching movies that featured lady bits on the big screen but one of my fav films was one that was primarily just that. It wasn't sexy for me but interesting & I will say challenging at times but I had a great time overall and I will definitely come back.

No comments: