Sunday, September 20, 2015

neighborly

I'm heading back to Nebraska for at least two weeks tomorrow. It's been busy at work getting everything done but I also feel a great sense of accomplishment in leaving my affairs in such good order and getting a lot of October's work done ahead of time. I would have left Friday night or Saturday morning but since Andrew was gone last weekend, I wanted us to have a weekend together before we left. Also, I wanted to go to my neighbor's neighborhood party.

There are very few A) parties that I want to go to, B) parties that I want to go to where I don't know that many people, and c) parties that I want to go to where I don't know that many people and I would postpone a trip to attend. However, I want to know my neighbors better and this is a great way to do it. It worked out like I thought it would. People came in, introduced themselves or reintroduced themselves, stated where they lived, and we talked about how great the neighborhood is. I may have overstepped some social graces and asked a neighbor about who owns the house vs who lives in it but I had a few too many glasses of wine and I had lost all of the fucks I had to give. It's okay. I'm sure worse was said.

So now I can head out tomorrow morning. I haven't packed Ava's stuff yet but I don't want to rile her up too early. I'm looking forward to this greatly but I will miss Andrew, Maria, and this charming neighborhood.

No comments: