Monday, September 21, 2015

looking onward

I've done the drive back to Nebraska a handful of times. Normally when I do it, I'm taking vacation time so I do it in two days which means at least 12 hrs of driving in a day. However, since I have four weeks off and am only planning on being in Nebraska for two weeks, we have a little more time. I don't want to spend too much time on the road tho so we're doing in in three days, averaging 8 hrs per day. This means we get to make lots of stops along the way.

Today, we started our journey and had the destination of Mountain Home, Idaho as our goal. The picture above is a scenic view outside of Pendelton. Ava's doing good in the car but I want to make sure she has ample time outside of the car each day so I want to stop at every marked scenic view and as many parks as possible along the way. 

After this scenic view, we stopped at Farewell Bend State Park where she got to swim in a pond quick to chase ducks. It was pretty and she got some good off-leash time. We also made good time getting to Mountain Home. All of this was new to me, including eating at Frankie's Burgers which had a gardenburger option.

The only problem so far is that I forgot my pillow (which is actually one of Andrew's pillows). I woefully realized this as I stepped into our motel room and saw their lousy, square, flat excuses for pillows. So my new thing was also ordering a pillow thru Amazon to be delivered to my parents' house.

No comments: