Saturday, September 12, 2015

my time alone

It's hard for me to imagine now a time where I used to want to live alone. Andrew is in Montana for the weekend so it's just Ava and me at home. When he is here, we spend quite a bit of time apart but then when we get back together, there's always somebody to tell about your day. Since he's been gone, I've had minimal human interaction and I feel like I've gone a bit feral. I'm looking forward to people coming over tomorrow to play games so I have a reason to shower and get cleaned up.

 I think I enjoyed the alone time initially. This morning was fine. I vegged out on the couch and watched Bob's Burgers with Ava. Doing breakfast alone was okay but doing dinner alone wasn't. I'm sure I could've called somebody but I was feeling lazy and unmotivated. It's been a hard week at work and I suppose the downtime was good for me. For my new thing, I took Ava to the new pedestrian bridge crossing and we walked across it back-and-forth. I don't think she liked it that much. She may be afraid of heights.

What else?
 Yesterday my new thing was getting dropped off at the max station on 60th and taking that to the Lloyd Center and walking to work from there. I would love to be able to do that more often but I usually need the car more than Andrew does.

No comments: