Wednesday, September 23, 2015

home stretch

Due to our setbacks yesterday, I had to switch routes and take the less scenic I80 into Nebraska just to shave off an hour or two of what was still an 11 hr ride. I was disappointed and could have kept with the original plan and stayed another night in a hotel but I didn't want to spend the money. Staying in Jackson was expensive and I still had to pay for the room I had reserved in Riverton. Plus, on the way through Wyoming today I got a ticket going through a town so I was all about pushing through to make it to my parents' place by the end of the day.

We stopped at this charming scenic view just north of Colorado on I-80 where Ava got to run free for a bit. My car started this morning and didn't give me any more issues throughout the day. Hopefully, it will be fine going back and we can run on a leisurely schedule because 11 hrs is a bit much.

I don't like driving through the country at night (I'm afraid of hitting deer) so I wasn't too happy that not only was it night when I got within 30 miles of my destination but it also started raining and my driver's side wiper needs to be replaced. >:( But we made it!

No comments: