Monday, September 7, 2015

labor day love

Three years ago on Labor Day, I got in the worst bike accident I've been in. I don't really remember Labor Day 2013 (that's why I started blogging again) but last year's was rough for reasons I won't go into here. However, I've come a long way in a year and this was the best Labor Day weekend I've had in a while.

On Friday, Andrew and I met with some friends to celebrate our friend Jason's birthday at Prettyman's General which was unique and fun. I like the fact that their "coffee tables" are really just blocks of wood which they can manipulate to figure all sorts of pertinent designs. Also, they have cocktails on tap and they were pretty tasty.

On Saturday, I saw Avengers 2 with Ashes. I thought it was fun but I was also on a THC lozenge. Afterwards, Andrew and I walked up to 82nd to try Stein Haus which had a nice selection of German beers on tap and a great back patio. We also tried Canton Grill in order to find a suitable Chinese restaurant near us. I think it will do.

On Sunday, I didn't do too much but we did walk to Division for pizza and ended up at Lauretta Jeans later for dessert. I tried this Jamesons and ice cream concoction which was way too strong.

On Monday, we walked to Toast where I tried this onion tart thing. We also biked up to Marine Drive. It was a beautiful day for a ride and it's been too long since we've gone for a notable bike ride. I really need to get Ava a cart so we can take day-long rides.

So it was nothing monumental but it was all pleasant. Next weekend, Andrew's going to be out of town and then we'll only have another weekend together until I leave for Nebraska for a month so I'm really happy that we could have a relaxed and loving weekend together (with no major bike accidents).

No comments: