Saturday, May 2, 2015

night falls i fall

I used to be a night owl. I would blame the shift to an early bird on the 7 yr job at GW where I had to be there by 7:35am or I was considered late but I think that I've just gotten older and I'm less willing to put in the effort. I've also done a pretty bang-up job of isolating myself from the world outside of my house. I go to work but I don't really socialize with my co-workers. Within the last two weeks, two of my co-workers have left my job (one to move to SF and one went to a higher paying job) but I didn't go to either of their going-away happy hours. So I guess it's not just that I'm an early bird, it's that I've also been nesting as well. I really would just rather be around the house and around Ava and Andrew (and Maria).

It's Saturday night and I went to a movie at 4:45pm, did dinner around 6:30pm, and then we biked home to retire for the evening. I'm hardly raging against the dying of the light here. It's more like I'm putting a sleep mask on and pretending it's already dark. It feels good to put this out there tho. I feel like I often just post vacuous events or meals I've experienced without any real insight. While I really enjoyed my Peanut Butter Veggie Burger at Killer Burger, it's nothing I could write a lot about.

No comments: