Thursday, May 7, 2015

day of ava

Yesterday I worked a 12 hr day and the day before that, it was over 9 hrs so today's 6 hrs day was a relief, especially since most of it was spent with Ava. I had to visit to different families in two different towns so I brought Ava along with me for the ride. We went to two parks that were new to Ava and one that was new to me, Dairy Creek Park, the other one being Creston Park. One of the families we saw asked if Ava could come inside which was a first.

 Despite the damage that she has done to my car in the past, I still trust her as a copilot. And I was very impressed today how she interacted with my customer's family. Some might consider bringing a dog with you on work trips to be unprofessional, but in my line of work, it helps to build trust and bond with my customers. Or at least that's what I thought about it today when she was so good. It's also good for my sanity. After having to rough days at work , a day spent with the dog was just what the social worker ordered.

No comments: