Wednesday, April 15, 2015

my dia primera en puerto morelos

We arrived in Mexico last night without any issue really. We walked around the neighborhood which isn´t touristy but that´s just perfecto. We stopped at a small bar and drank cervezas and inquired about vegetarian food. Everyone directed us to La Luna Llena which was mostly pasta and pizza and was delicious. The best part about it was the art. The painting pictured above was just one of many works that this amazing local artist had displayed. Her husband worked at the restaurant and invited us to her studio where we got to see her work which was so powerful, including a triptych of the 43 students killed in Ayotzinapa.






The house only has one air-conditioned room but it works so I slept okay. Today, we walked around, found some coffee and went to the beach which is beautiful. We hung out at a bar on the beach called Dia Y Noche and drank beer and tequila shots at what turned out to be 10am. Oh well, it´s our vacation! We played with cat named Bachi and then went snorkeling! Honestly, snorkeling was not my favorite thing to do. It was hard, the mandatory lifevest made my armpits ache, I inhaled too much saltwater, and I ended up burning my shoulders because the reef is a preserve and you can´t wear sunscreen. However, it was worth it. It was beautiful and now I can say I´ve done it.

Overall, I love this. I don't know what time it is and I don´t care. I eat when I'm hungry, I drink when I'm thirsty and I sleep when I'm tired. And I´m okay with not having internet access at the house. Actually, I prefer it this way.


No comments: