Monday, April 6, 2015

225

I don't know where long the way I became excited about how much weight I lift but today got me pretty pumped up. Normally we rep 185 pounds which is still really good considering neither of us weigh that much. He approached the idea of trying a max press a couple months ago and we've been waiting until we were consistently going to the gym and not skipping a day and also feeling injury free.

Jessie and I decided we would try a max press today and started out with 205 lbs. it was surprisingly easy so we decided to up it up a little bit. We went with 225 pounds because that's two plates on each side. It was considerably harder and a lot different than doing the regular reps. We didn't have to worry about endurance, we just had to push through this one press. And we did it! I thought I would be tired afterwards and wouldn't do any arm exercises but I was so stoked about it that I ended up having a really good upper body workout. I like that I'm pushing myself (and not injuring myself). And I'm enjoying it!

No comments: