Sunday, March 1, 2015

weekend bucket list

Every weekend, I have standing goals; some of which are to get to Ground Kontrol, to go to Powells, to go shopping, and to go for a hike. I accomplished the first two yesterday as Andrew and I went downtown for afternoon/evening. I did the third one today after brunch and the last one I did both days. I got up around 7 this morning to walked Ava to Mt Tabor. It was a fabulous way to start the weekend.

There are other things I like to do obviously (hang out with friends, go to a movie, game, house-work, etc) but getting the standing goals accomplished makes me really think that I did well this weekend. Since I got mine done so early this weekend and had time this afternoon, I was game for anything. Andrew wanted to bike up to St Johns so we did that. We ended up at the St Johns McMenamins pub which was a nice place to drink and play games on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

I undervalue McMenamins in general because they're so prevalent but if I was in the Midwest, these places would be treasures so I looked at it as a great opportunity to visit one that I haven't been to before. Plus the ride was nice and pleasant. All and all, a fine weekend was had.

(The goats pictured above are from the ZZZ farm on the way to St Johns.)

No comments: