Thursday, March 19, 2015

the judges' panel

Throughout my career, I've had numerous experiences hiring people for jobs. Being able to make that much of a judgement on someone with a minimal amount of time to converse is odd but I think of myself as someone who can determine compatibility quickly so I opted to sit in on interviews today at my new job. One of the other agents is leaving so we're hiring for one position. I sat in with the two supervisors and the office-mate of the agent who is leaving. It had to be weird for the other agent. Not only is she interviewing for a suitable co-worker but also for someone that she is going to be sharing an office with for at least a year. That's a lot of pressure!

It was nice to see what qualities the supervisors look for and to meet such an interesting spectrum of people. I can't imagine the five interviewees that we had today enjoying the same cocktail party so it's odd to think that they all had that something that drove them to social services and then made them appealing enough on paper for us to interview.

No comments: