Friday, May 11, 2012

vision issues

I had vision problems today as I just couldn't see myself going into work on a beautiful day like this so I called in sick. I spent most of the day researching and reading for my final paper of the quarter which isn't due for another month but I want to get it out of the way. While I read on the front porch, Dean made a nest in the yard. I wish everyday could be this easy.

What else?
Jesse is going through nutritional therapy training so I opted to be a test subject for him and he gave me my evaluation today. I think that I do pretty well nutritionally but he made some good suggestions that I will follow. Mostly, I've been doing better lately because I gave up coffee everyday a few weeks ago. I started drinking yerba mate which tastes a lot better (so I don't need to add as much sugar) and the "caffeine" buzz is a lot more mellow. Plus I've been able to sleep better so I've been able to cut out the melatonin. Yay for living naturally. Work isn't natural.

It's a complete guilty pleasure that started with boredom and became a good addictive show but the Vampire Diaries finale kind of blew me away yesterday. I don't know why I proudly proclaim that I am a Buffy or Glee fan but for some reason, I keep VD (heh heh) in my closet. It's actually very well written once you get past the first seven episodes of the first season.

On 5/7, I toured a newly constructed store in my company for the first time in order to take one of their clients on a tour of one of my stores. While me and his case manager were heading back to our office, we saw a car stopped at the railroad crossing and the crossing bar slammed down on their hood. Ha ha ha ha.

No comments: