Friday, May 4, 2012

no justice, no peace

One of my friends was arrested earlier this week and his arraignment was today. He faces 72 felony counts. Half of them are vandalism. The other half are conspiracy to create vandalism. I'd say all of them are crap. It's a fishing expedition, designed to get people worked up and talking and snitching. Hopefully, people are smarter than that. His bail is twice as much as some murderers get. This justice system is so damn flawed.

I would say around 125 people came down to the courthouse today for his arraignment. They didn't even let him in the courtroom but had him broadcast over a TV. Nothing much happened at the arraignment but they set a trial date. I'm hoping that they get some if not most or all of the charges dropped. I've known him for about eight years now. He's a really good person and hasn't done anything even remotely violent. It's just not fair.

No comments: