Saturday, September 17, 2011

are you employed, mr lebowski?

Today, Sophia and I had our first Comics & Mimosas day. We called it 'Funemployment Fantasy Camp' where we sat around the house and did nothing but eat here and there, drink mimosas and read comics, primarily 'The Walking Dead' and 'Y, the Last Man' but I also finished World War Z. It was wonderful as this whole day was. The return of the rain really made the day just feel right.

We did help a person move their belongings into our garage so she can head off to Yoga school but that was about as productive as we got. As if that wasn't indulgent enough, there was a Big Lebowski Night at Grand Central Bowl on Belmont so we decided to go. We each put on boxers, undershirts, sandals, sunglasses and our bathrobes and got on the bus. It was fun but it would have been a little more fun if the bar wasn't so bad. It's called Grand Central BOWL but bowling is more of an afterthought there. It's a lot more of a club with bowling as an ironic feature. The night included a strip tease, pictured above. Anyhow, it was my first time there, my first time getting on the bus in my undies and my first Comics and Mimosas day. Hurray!

What else?
I glossed over a lot of the rest of the week because it either wasn't terribly exciting or I didn't have a good picture or both.

On Thursday, the power went out at Muffin HQ for my first blackout here. I handled it appropriately...by going to Zach's Shack and drinking margaritas and reading my book.

On Friday, I went to Blitz with Victory to watch the soccer game while Ashes actually got to go to the game. It was fun to watch the game there with just me and her but it was nice to be able to talk because her girl cat Fabreeshka passed away this week. It was expected but still very hard to deal with. I can't imagine what I'll do when I have to face that day with...yep, I can't even type it. I know I'll be a complete wreck.

No comments: