Sunday, January 10, 2016

travel win

I do not personally advertise for companies. I don't buy clothes which sport a logo prominently. If I do, I make sure I can cut out the logo while retaining the integrity of clothes. And I don't use social media or blogging to talk about big companies....generally. Little ones, yes. I love promoting small businesses but the big ones can do it themselves.

That being said, I gotta give props to Alaska Air. On my way back from Omaha, they got me to my layover stop about a half an hour early and two complimentary Chardonnays later. Then, I saw that there was another flight going to Portland just an hour early of my scheduled flight and it was leaving in just 30 minutes. As luck would have it, the gates that each were departing from were right next to each other. With Chardonnay-fueled incentive, I decided 'WTF? I'll just ask if I can get on that one." They did some quick typing and got me on it and I had another complimentary Chardonnay to celebrate. Hell yeah, they're my airline of choice from now on.

No comments: