Friday, January 8, 2016

amazing rockets

Being an uncle means I get to buy toys that make noise and fire objects. I bought my oldest nephew Ethan a foam rocket launcher. At first I didn't think he'd be able to play with it until the spring but he launched them around the house. It's a simple concept and it's safe and easy enough for him to operate. He kept saying, "These rockets are AMAZING!" I was pretty proud of myself for a while...until I heard him say, "Mom, these almonds are AMAZING!" :)

What else?
When I was home this summer, I brought home my board game Agricola. It's just big enough that I didn't want to carry it in my luggage and Andrew doesn't have any interest in playing it. The only people I'd play it with have a copy already so it can just stay here. We played two games throughout the day. My brother and sister-in-law really liked it and were excited to play again. My mom was unsure about it even though she won the first game. My dad picked it up pretty quickly when we played again in the evening and ended up winning. I love board game holidays.

No comments: