Saturday, January 2, 2016

saturday night sundries

While we were walking on NYE, Andrew and I talked about how we should be more proactive about new experiences this next year so I led us out on a different bar crawl for us as I collected on two drinks owed to me. First, we went to Mad Sons. Mad Sons used to be Madisons but since it changed ownership (and theme), they just got rid of the "i" in the name and went with a colonial theme inside. They had a great drink which was a spin on Old Fashioned called the Northern Soul. If I wasn't determined to make it more of an adventure, I would've collected both drinks there.

Instead, we jumped back on the bus and headed downtown to the Rainbow Lounge. Ever since we went there on Christmas Day in 2012, I've been drawn to the place, especially around the holidays. I got a peppermint patty martini which was good but strong. Afterwards, we went to strip club burrito next to Mary's. It's not high quality food but it's tasty and the place has character, including sharing a bathroom with a naked lady joint.

We bussed back home and were in bed before 10 which is just about perfect for me. I like going out and I like experiencing downtown but I don't like wrecking myself up the the extent that it ruins my next day. I'd prefer to save that next day for a new adventure.

No comments: