Monday, January 4, 2016

surprise snow

I love my job for many reasons but one additional perk is that we follow Portland Public School's closures so when they're closed for weather, we are too. Yesterday, I was completely taken by surprise to wake up to see that it had snowed and not just a light dusting either. It wasn't awful but it was enough to make some people worried. By the end of the night, we had freezing rain too which led to the schools being closed and my 4.5 day weekend!

It was really quite different from yesterday to today. People were out with their kids and sled and dogs yesterday. We met a new chocolate lab at the park yesterday named Freddy. Today tho, with the ice, it took Ava and me fifteen minutes to walk to the end of our street (4 lots) and back. Hardly anybody was out. Andrew worked from home and we managed to get out of the house only for meals. We did dinner at the Lodge which good for bar food. I'll definitely go back.

They've already announced that school openings will be postponed 2 hours which means I'm going in two hours late. I already have Thursday and Friday off for my vacation to Nebraska so, at this point, I'm actually worried that I need to get my work done. However, if they force me to take another paid day off at home, I guess I'll do it.

No comments: