Wednesday, June 3, 2015

work work work, like an old dog

Ava isn't old and she doesn't know the meaning of the word 'work' but the title is an old catch-phrase of my dad's. My new things for the last few days have all been work related. On Monday, June 1st, I met the family member of one of my former clients who is going to start working with me here. On Tuesday, June 2nd, I met another person agent at a different agency who works with the roommate of one of my customers, and today, I met the baby of my office mate. She's off on maternity leave so Ava's been coming in more often, as pictured above.

Every Tuesday and Thursday, I usually experience a little bit of tension, anxiety, or boredom at work which leads me to check my Megabucks ticket from the night before. But really, this is a good job. Sometime last year, Andrew was criticizing my ownership of a car and I said that it was required for my job unless he wanted less rent money. He said that would be fine so, really, I don't need to work this job. I could find something that pays less but this job is rewarding and the atmosphere is great. I love the fact that I can bring Ava in and I haven't worn pants since the week before Memorial Day and I don't plan to put any on until maybe the evenings at Country Fair. So, I probably won't be looking for a new job soon but, as much as I do like the job, I will keep buying Megabucks tickets because a boy has got to dream.

No comments: