Thursday, June 11, 2015

on the anniversary of my dog's death

I woke up today knowing that today was going to suck. A year ago, I went through one of the worst times in my life as I had to choose to terminate the life of my best friend for his own good. I've healed a lot since then, thanks to the support I've gotten from Andrew and Ava. However, I wasn't really prepared for this day either.

Shortly after I got up, I checked my phone and saw that my mom had sent me and my siblings a text, notifying us that our dad had a minor stroke. She recognized the symptoms and got him to a hospital but then there's a lot of unknown. We don't know what the care will be afterwards, we don't know the extent of the stroke, and I'm all the way up here, so far away.

Fortunately, my brother and sister are closer and are able to get there soon. I feel so damn helpless right now.

No comments: