Thursday, June 4, 2015

pedalpalooza kickoff ride 2015

They're predicting hot weather from here on out. It's gonna be in the 90s over the weekend and then in the mid-80s after that. While I don't like it any hotter than 72, I am glad that it's going to be nice weather for Pedalpalooza this year! I don't have any plans to attend a lot of rides. Really, it might just be WNBR which is on the last day of Pedalpalooza this year.

I wasn't planning on going to the kickoff ride but our friends Alex and Jude were going and Andrew mentioned going. Then I figured out what to wear and I started to get excited about it. It's the biggest ride of the year following WNBR bike by quite a margin but still, there were hundreds of cyclists in various costumes or street wear. It got slow in parts but spirits were light and it was well organized. We went through the Lone Fir Cemetery (my first as part of a group ride). While I've enjoyed many of the kickoff rides over the years, this was probably one of my favorite as of late because I did it with friends.

Back in the day, we all used to bike. Every one of my close friends had a bike. Very few of us had cars. We would ride to parties and occasionally do Critical Mass rides or Pedalpalooza rides together. I miss that. More bikes, less cars.

No comments: