Monday, September 17, 2012

when it all falls apart

Today was rough.

I found out last Friday that the teacher that I was planning to take my next year's classes with had quit. This threw my plans into a small frenzy because I was taking the class at an inconvenient time just to take it with that teacher. Since she was no longer teaching that section, I dropped that section and tried to sign up for a different section. The computer told me I needed department approval.

Today, I called the PSU registration office to see what was wrong and they told me that they didn't have record of me as being a registered student at all. I said, "Well, you're sending me a bill!" They told me I had to go down there to talk to them in person. Since my plans had become messed up for next year, I thought about just saying screw in and drop out. However, I knew that I wouldn't actually do that. In person, I found out that I had signed a privacy agreement a while back which prohibited them from telling me or anyone else over the phone my registration status. So I got that taken care of.

Then, I went to register for the class and the registration office told me that the social work department had put a hold on these classes for some reason so I'd have to fill out a special registration slip. My new soon-to-be instructor wasn't there but the department director said he's send the instructor an e-mail to get me signed up.

Next I went to buy a book that PSU printed for the instructor. When the cashier went to rang me up, he said that my book didn't have a price and wasn't in the computer. He ended up telling me that the book shouldn't be on the shelves until a later quarter.

So, my day came down to this. I couldn't buy a book for a class I wasn't signed up for in a university that I wasn't actually attending.

After jumping through these hoops and going through this runaround, I found comfort in a small pick-me-up written on the front of a condom machine.

No comments: