Thursday, September 25, 2008

what's right and what's wrong


Today, I took two of my participants to OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry) for a community business tour. The point of a tour is to ask employees there about job and see if the participant would be interested in building skills that could one day lead them to a similar occupation. I called OMSI time and time again to arrange for a guided tour of the facility but never had my call returned. So I decided to do the guiding myself.

Some people may say it's wrong to just walk into the place and to not pay but I really wasn't there for the museum experience so I don't think that paying was necessary. My participants didn't have an issue with not paying either. Actually, they were very cool with the whole thing...which maybe I should be concerned about. Still, it's not like I lied. I went in, asked if this was the way to the cafeteria and was pointed through the turnstile. We went to the cafeteria and then we just kept going. Truthfully, it was a lot of fun and I feel more guilty for getting paid for it than for not paying OMSI.

No comments: