Monday, September 29, 2008

the sitter

As a kid, I used to have a rotating selection of babysitters. My sister and I were relentless with a few of them. Collette, my best friend's older sister would always invite over her boyfriend so we would be super obnoxious to her. One night, we took turns running one food item after another downstairs to them, offering them everything from sugar to bananas. Eventually, the boyfriend chased us back to our rooms.

Fortunately, I'm a cool babysitter. I like doing kid things. I wanted to go see Wall-E so when my roomies asked me to watch Raven so they could go on a date, I was looking forward to it. My expectations for the movie were pretty high and the movie ended up being so much BETTER than I anticipated. I absolutely loved it. We went to it at the Avalon so Raven begged to go to the arcade afterwards. And he really didn't have to beg that long either. I 'heart' skee ball. Plus, I played Jumpin Jackpot (for the first time) which is a game where a light spins around an oval and you have to 'jump' over it when it gets to you, like jump rope. Unfortunately, I wasn't that good at it. I guess I'm not as young as I used to be.

No comments: