Thursday, September 18, 2008

t.b.i.

I like my brain and I don't want anything to happen to it. I think the brain is one of those things that people often take for granted when they are doing crazy stuff that could injure them for life.

I went to a Traumatic Brain Injury class today where we learned just how damaging an impact to the skull can be. Interestingly enough, on the way to class, I was discussing getting a motorcycle with one of my co-workers. Then, we get to class and have to endure multiple cautionary tales about motorcycles. Motorcycles and bikes get a bad rap a lot of times because of cars. If cars weren't on the road and driven by a multitude of incompetent people (and there are some real bad drivers out there) then transportation on two wheels wouldn't be nearly so hazardous.

One other thing that I did walk away from the class knowing is that the frontal lobe of the brain doesn't fully develop until 22 years of age. No wonder being a teenager can be so confusing.

No comments: