Saturday, July 18, 2015

modern blessings

I remember seeing the painting of the first pic above a lot in my childhood. It must have been at one of my grandma's because my mom claims it wasn't in our house. Anyway, Andrew and I went to  Roscoe's today and saw the second pic and thought it was very funny. The framed print was only $10 so I bought it. I don't believe I've actually purchased art in a restaurant or bar before. I'm happy with it.

We also tried Triumph Coffee which used to be Three Friends until the owner closed up the shop and my friend Emily reopened it. I'm looking forward to going back there more often!

What else?
We were hanging out at Roscoe's, waiting for the Far from the Madding Crowd matinee. Yesterday, we saw Ant-Man which was awesome and tomorrow, we've got plans with friends to go see Train Wreck. It's been close to 20 years since I've gone to movies back to back like this. With the global climate change, I could see it happening more often though.

No comments: