Friday, July 3, 2015

giving it forward

I know I just yesterday posted about DIY culture vs the culture of disposability but today I dropped my old car like a hot potato at the door of the Oregon Humane Society. Yes, it still ran but it had issues and I wasn't ready to deal with them. I would have been but then Andrew's brother offered us the Bonneville which is in much better shape. However, since I got the Bonneville for free, I decided to pay it forward and donate the Metro.

After adopting Ava, I get emails periodically from the Oregon Humane Society. The ones that catch my eye are usually advertising cat specials because they came into a plethora of them. We can't take another animal on but I figured giving them my car was a good way to help them out. Yesterday before work, Ava and I went to the DEQ and the DMV and got the new car all set up in my name. Today, getting rid of the Metro was the last thing to do on my list for this holiday weekend so at 12:30, I was free. I went to the gym and then I was really free. I've got two plus days in front of me and not a damn thing on my plate. Plus, I've purged myself of a money pit and extra automobile!

No comments: