Thursday, November 8, 2012

getting ethical

I  consider myself a good person but I have to admit that my views may not always be the most professionally ethical. Today, I took a course on ethics as part of my internship. I signed up for it only to easily answer one of the points of learning in my internship guidelines. However, I actually learned a lot and it's made me think.

With my job, there are things that I do that may not violate policy but may be under scrutiny when looking at the ethical considerations. I think I'm gonna be better about it. I can justify what I do in a number of ways but when it boils down to it, it makes me less of an ethical worker. I could be all 'radical' and think, "Well, screw the man," or I can just keep my nose clean and do the right thing. Huh, and I thought I knew everything. :)

No comments: